The main role of Hardware Engineer is to develop, test and deploy PCBs for Embedded applications. Each design will vary in size and complexity depending on the application. Hardware engineer must work across cross-functional teams to develop go-to-market products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Team to define requirements and solutions for the Hardware Designs.
- Prepare board layouts and part placement based on design rules.
- Define PCB materials and board stackup that meets the functional requirements of the board.
- Creating the schematic, footprints, placement, routing, QC & releasing the gerbers to fab.
- Manage Gerber Release, board fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, BOMs and manufacturing design data packages as per IPC standards.
- Define design rules for part placement and routing.
- Work with Team members to ensure finishing the layouts on time.
- Candidate must have a well-developed competency in PCB design & manufacturing of complex multilayer, high-speed digital, RF and analog PCBs.
- Candidate will also work directly with PCB fabricators on technical questions and fabrication issues.
- Maintenance of Electronics Lab and equipment’s.
- Work with team in carrying out Software and Hardware testing till the final product release.
- Work on Embedded micro-controller, RTOS programming.
- Analyse and troubleshoot PCB design and fabrication related issues in a timely fashion.
- Support purchasing of circuit boards, circuit board assemblies, and electronic components.
- Maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art design trends, PCB materials, fabrication processes, and assembly processes.
Required Candidate profile
- Must have good experience in designing multi-layered PCB's, RF based designs.
- Basic understanding of electronic circuit, microelectronic components such as sensors, microprocessors, communication interfaces, power supply etc..
- Must be hands - on in using PCB design tools such as Altium Designer, Allegro, KiCAD, or any other PCB tool.
- Must have exposure to Schematic design, Footprint Library creation, PCB layout routing 2, 4, 6-layer PCBs, High speed designing, RF Antenna Design, Trace Matching, Controlled Impedance, SI, IOs Integration, implementing DRCs, Pattern Cutting.
- Knowledge of Embedded Design/IoT Micro-Controllers like Microchip, Atmel, Arduino etc.
- Knowledge of IPC standard and requirements for rigid, rigid-flex and flex type designs.
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC design considerations and design for high reliability, high temperature, and harsh environment applications is required.
- Knowledge and experience with high voltage and high current circuit board design for power electronics.
- Understands TD, Port Extensions, Smith Chart, RL, ISO, PIM
- Experience in RF test instruments like Network Analysers and Spectrum Analysers
- Able to perform timing margin calculations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of SMT lines and soldering methods like Re flow soldering, wave soldering, Selective soldering etc..
- Must Have soldering skills, being able to find out between a good and bad solder joints
- Must have assembly experience.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Hardware & Networking
Role Category:Engineering Design
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:Diploma - Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Engineering, B.Tech/B.E. - Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Instrumentation
PG:M.Tech - Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Instrumentation, PG Diploma - Electrical, Electronics
FINOIT TECHNOLOGIES (I) PRIVATE LIMITED
Contact Company:FINOIT TECHNOLOGIES (I) PRIVATE LIMITED